Monday, June 25, 2007

Saturday June 23







Today I started Saturday off right by sleeping in (Cassie got up early and ran 6 miles). We went out to lunch at the Mad Hatter. Cassie had oatmeal, I had huevos rancheros. Both were delicious, and the cafe was so great we plan to go back again soon. They sell cookies, and cakes along with a restaurant menu. After lunch we visited the Duke Homestead and learned all about how the Duke's became uber rich by farming, and then selling tobacco. But they gave back to the community by donating money to build Duke University along with several churches, schools, and libraries. It's amazing to think how tobacco did so much good in this area. For the evening we rented Bull Durham, the movie with Kevin Costner about the Durham Bulls baseball team. I hadn't seen it yet, and wanted to before we went to a game, which we will probably do this Thursday.

No comments: